Compatible with Ammonia (NH3)* and Subcritical CO2
The 920R Series is compatible with ammonia (NH3)* and subcritical CO2 and designed for 44.8 bar (650 PSI). (For subcritical CO2 above 44.8 bar, see 130 Series.)
High Efficiency = Clean & Green Systems
The 920 Series of coalescent oil separators are designed to make refrigeration systems clean and green by lowering energy costs and reducing carbon emissions.
- Higher efficiency means better heat transfer through the coils, translating into significant kW savings.
The 920 Series is not dependent on velocity for efficiency.
- Coalescent oil separators maintain the same level of effectiveness down to 20% of maximum flow.
Every 920 Separator performs with equal efficiency in all types of systems:
- in ultra-low temperature applications;
- even or uneven multiplex systems, dual suction systems, low, medium and A/C; and
- during refrigeration load shifting/matching.
Temprite’s 920 Series delivers the:
- Highest measured capacity of refrigeration.
- Lowest kilowatts required per unit of cooling (per ton).
- See the Energy Study for independent test results.
Ammonia (NH3) Compatibility*
All 920 Series separators are ammonia (NH3) compatible and designed for 650 PSI. Ammonia is a cleaning agent, meaning more dirt is removed from the system and deposited in the filter.
- 920 Series separators offer easy accessibility to the filter for changes. Other products require disassembling and re-welding the separator just to change the filter.
*To order ammonia-compatible models, change the last three digits of the part number to “717.” Example: 092600000 changes to 092600717. Check with Temprite for metric sizes.
Unique Contaminant Removal System
Dirt, contaminants and excess refrigerant oil are the biggest energy drains on any refrigeration system. New refrigerants coming onto the market have an enhanced solvent effect, meaning more contaminants than ever can clog your system.
- Exceptional Temprite Standard Filter technology cleans contaminants down to 0.3 microns in size.
Eliminating solid contaminants and excess oil enhances the entire system’s performance.
- Thermostatic Expansion Valves (TXV) work more efficiently.
- Desiccant in filter/driers is more effective when not logged with oil, preventing moisture from being absorbed.
- Solid contaminants are harmful to sensors and other delicate components.
Large-Scale Refrigeration Cost Savings
Energy savings scale up with larger systems. In large parallel rack/multiplex systems with long lines, dirt and excess oil put an even greater drag on the system.
- Both problems are eliminated with the 920 Series separators, increasing system capacity and efficiency and lowering energy costs.
- All 920 Series models are designed for use with an external reservoir.
920 & 920R Cost Savings
Temprite’s 920 & 920R Series “Cost Savings Calculator” show you how much energy and money you’ll save using coalescent oil separators based on your system, price of energy, run days and total capacity. You’ll see how savings increase based on the number of stores, both annually and for the 10-year life of system, and how carbon emissions are reduced. This is especially important for large-scale refrigeration systems: 60% of a grocery store’s cost of operation is refrigeration. Try it now and find out how much you can save. (Savings Calculator works with both Imperial and metric input.)
- Installation Instructions for Series 920 & 920R Series Accessible Coalescent Oil Separators
- Standard Filter Replacement Instructions for All 920 & 920R Series Accessible Coalescent Oil Separators
- Clean-Up® Filter Replacement Instructions for All 920 & 920R Series Accessible Coalescent Oil Separators
- 130 Series, 920 and 920R Series Filter Access Clearance Chart
- Oil Pre-charge
- Torque Specifications
- Installation Instructions for All Oil Reservoirs
- Pressure Drop vs. Particulate Loading
- Sizing Chart: 920 & 920R Series: Tons
- Sizing Chart: 920 & 920R Series: kW
- Sizing Chart: 920 & 920R: Natural Refrigerants, Tons & kW